Dining Room Assistant – EveningsLinks in this section
Reporting to: Gaye Crowther, Catering Manager
To serve tea to the boys and be responsible as part of a team, for ensuring that the school dining room and wash-up area is kept clean and tidy. Ludgrove is a Berkshire based boarding school with approximately 190 boys, and from our school kitchen, each meal (breakfast, lunch and tea) is freshly prepared.
- Bring tea from the kitchen to the dining room and serve the boys
- Be aware of individual boys’ food allergies and other dietary requirements, encouraging the boys to eat a healthy and varied diet and to drink enough
- Follow a cleaning schedule to maintain a high standard, ensuring that the dining room and wash-up area and equipment are clean and hygienic at all times - once tea is over, to thoroughly clean and wash the tables, benches and floors of all areas.
- Operate the dishwasher, cleaning dishes, cutlery, glasses etc checking for cleanliness and presentation and reporting any problems
- Lay up the dining rooms for breakfast, preparing the tables with cutlery, mugs, bowls, plates, jugs etc.
- Serve biscuits and milk/water to the younger boys and help with serving cereal and toast to the older boys.
- Be flexible to occasionally amending the hours of work, as needed by the school.
- To carry out all duties complying with The Health and Safety at Work Act. Food safety training can be offered.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Ability to handle heavy cleaning equipment and furniture
- Team spirit, demonstrating a willing and positive attitude. Punctuality.
- To wear correct uniform at all times and be presentable and hygienic for every shift
Food Safety/Hygiene and Cleaning Requirements
The boys health and welfare is our primary concern at Ludgrove and it is vital therefore that the wash up area and dining rooms are kept spotlessly clean. As a school we are open to unannounced and random visits by the Environmental Health Office, and will regularly be given inspections by Government and other bodies.
Please complete the Application Form below and a covering letter and send to Sophie Barber - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ludgrove is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check, two written references and completed medical form will be required.