Dining Room Assistant - Daytime and EveningsLinks in this section
We are looking for someone who will be responsible, as part of a team, for ensuring that the school dining room and wash-up area is kept clean and tidy and for serving meals to the boys.
• Serve food to the boys at breakfast, lunch and supper.
• Prepare the tables for each meal, with cutlery, glasses, jugs, plates etc. arranging table settings to ensure a tidy dining room
• Operate the dishwasher, cleaning dishes, cutlery, glasses etc., checking for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
• Follow a cleaning schedule to maintain a high standard, ensuring that the dining room and wash-up area and equipment are clean and hygienic at all times - once each meal is over, thoroughly clean and wash the tables and benches, and floors of both areas.
• Be aware of individual boys’ food allergies and other dietary requirements, encouraging the boys to eat a healthy and varied diet.
• Liaise closely with kitchen staff before each meal and service
• Be flexible to occasionally amending the hours of work, as needed by the school.
• To carry out all duties complying with The Health and Safety at Work Act. Food safety training can be offered.
• To attend meetings and training sessions as required.
• To complete a thorough deep clean at regular intervals and at the end and beginning of each term.
• Strong organisational and multitasking skills
• Active listening and effective communication skills
• Ability to handle heavy cleaning equipment and furniture
• Team spirit, demonstrating a willing and positive attitude. Punctuality.
• To wear correct uniform at all times and be presentable and hygienic for every shift
• Split shifts available 7-10.30am / 12-2.30pm / 5-8.30pm.
Term time only (will include some weekends). Six weeks paid holiday per year.
£9.32 per hour.