Kitchen General Assistant (Weekends)Links in this section
Job Title: Kitchen General Assistant
Reporting to: Gaye Crowther, Catering Manager
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for a General Assistant and the range of duties to be undertaken. It does not form part of the Contract of Employment. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.
To provide general assistance to the Catering Manager and Chef/Cook with the day-to-day running of the kitchen in the preparation of healthy and nutritious food, in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
- To assist with the preparation and cooking of the menu items, ensuring that sufficient quantities of food are prepared for service at each meal.
- To assist with deliveries, food storage, stocktaking, and Food Safety & EHO record keeping.
- To clean down work areas and equipment and ensure that they are maintained to a safe and hygienic standard in accordance with requirements.
- To wear correct uniform at all times, and attend every shift in a presentable and hygienic state and maintain a helpful and friendly manner.
- To arrive punctually for every shift.
- All duties must be carried out to comply with Food Hygiene requirements and The Health and Safety at Work Act
- To attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- As well as those duties outlined above, you are expected to perform any other tasks reasonably assigned.
- Saturdays and Sundays 8.30am-2.00pm while the boys are in school, term-time only. Other hours may be available.
- £10.06 per hour
Please complete the Application Form below and a covering letter and send to Gaye Crowther GJC@ludgrove.com
Ludgrove is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check, two written references and completed medical form will be required.