Kitchen General AssistantLinks in this section
To provide general assistance within the team to the Catering Manager and Head Chef with the day to day running of the kitchen in the provision of healthy and nutritious food, in a clean and tidy environment and to meet all service requirements in adherence with legislation. The position starts September 2021.
Job Title: Kitchen General Assistant
Reporting to: Gaye Crowther, Catering Manager and Hayley Birch, Head Chef
- Food preparation. To assist with preparation and cooking of the menu items.
- Dietary requirements. To be aware of individual boys’ food allergies and other dietary requirements.
- Service. To be customer focused, demonstrating good standards of service in the dining room, taking an active role in the portioning and service of food in the dining room.
- To assist with deliveries, regular stock takes of supplies in the stores/fridges/freezer, taking care that no item remains in store for too long.
- Hygiene / Health and Safety. To wear correct uniform and follow personal hygiene rules and regulations and work in compliance with food hygiene legislation. To follow a cleaning schedule maintaining a high standard, ensuring that work areas, equipment and storage areas are clean and hygienic at all times and in accordance with requirements.
- Staff training. To attend catering department meetings as required and take part in all relevant staff training (Safeguarding, basic food hygiene, C.O.S.S.H, kitchen equipment, Personal Protective Equipment) and any other training that Ludgrove deems necessary.
- As and when the school calendar demands, to undertake any other additional or associated tasks. Be flexible to occasionally amending the hours of work, as needed by the school.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit, demonstrating a willing and positive attitude. Punctuality.
- To wear correct uniform at all times and be presentable and hygienic for every shift
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. The job description will be reviewed annually as part of the appraisal process. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be subject to amendment in consultation with the employee.
How to apply:
Please apply by email to Gaye Crowther, Catering Manager at email@example.com, with a completed job application form.
Ludgrove is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check, other safeguarding and reference checks will be required.